Irvine Welsh’s Ecstasy: win books and signed posters [closed]
It’s a busy time for Irvine Welsh: not only has he got a new book out, Skagboys, a prequel to his famous and acclaimed Trainspotting, but his 1997 novel Ecstasy has been made in to a major new film, on general release from today. It’s a twisted tale that explores the euphoric highs and the devastating lows of a chemical romance. Lloyd (Adam Sinclair) is on top of the world – beautiful girls, great club sounds, and a never-ending supply of the love drug, sustained by a smuggling sideline for the local drug boss Solo (Carlo Rota). But when he meets Heather (Kristin Kreuk) he is forced to question if the love he feels is real or just another chemical high. As cracks start to appear in his world he realises he wants out. If he can just pull off one last trip for Solo, he’ll be free.
ecstasy also stars Billy Boyd as DJ and e-prophet Woodsy, has cameos from John Digweed and Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson, and a pulsing soundtrack from some of the industry’s biggest names, including Tiesto, Coldplay, Orbital, Primal Scream, Bonjay, The Mahones and Hawksley Workman.
We have five copies of the new movie tie-in edition of the book, and five theatrical posters signed by Irvine and leading man Adam Sinclair to be won! All you have to do to be in with a chance to win one of each is watch the trailer and answer a simple question.
Q: Which of these is NOT an alternative name for the drug Ecstasy, according to the narrator?
Terms and conditions
1. Closing date for entries: 4th May 2012.
2. Open to residents of the United Kingdom only.
3. Entry to the competition is by completion of the above form only. Anyone submitting multiple entries will be disqualified.
4. The winners will be selected at random from those correct entries received before the closing date.
5. Only the winning entrants will be contacted by Bookgeeks. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. The winner’s name(s) may be published on the Bookgeeks website after the closing date of the competition.
7. The competition is not open to Bookgeeks and their families.